Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance for clinicians in General PracticeHelen Bean
Coronvirus (COVID-19) advice and guidance for clinicians in general practice are below. PLEASE NOTE some information is changing daily so please check NHSE and Public Health websites to ensure you receive up to date information.
If you are a member of the public looking for health advice, please go to the NHS website.
If you are looking for advice about the government response to the outbreak, go to the gov.uk website.
Information for Clinicians and Healthcare Professionals in Primary Care
General Guidance to main pages/areas:
- BMA: Advice & Support
- NHSE: Updates and Guidance for Clinicians in General Practice
- PHE: Guidance and Regulations
- RCGP: Policy and Information
Specific Guidance to individual pages/areas:
- Professional Standards FAQS: Suspension of appraisal and revalidation during Covid-19 pandemic
- Guidance for GPs: At risk patients
- Advice for Clinicians: Symptoms, mode of transmission, case/contact definition and situational reports
- This Visitor Guidance applies to all inpatient, diagnostic and outpatient areas
- Retired Clinicians returning to work
- All letters / publications to GPs (most recent first)
- Recommended PPE for primary outpatient and community care by setting poster
- Guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
- Travel advice
- Guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Posters and resources for practices
- Newborn and infant physical examination screening Guidance
- Clinical Guidance FAQs
- COVID-19 Resource Hub : Guidance and information updated daily
- The Business Continuity Plan [Word] can be customised for practice use by considering all the items marked in Red.
- GRO guidance No5 – Act enabling modifications to registration processes
- LMC LAW: HR FAQs, (15 April 2020)
- LMC Law Privacy Notice Updates for Practices
- Guidance about return to work or school
- Requests for medical certification for absence from school: Template letter for parents or schools
- Requests for medical certification for absence from work: Template letter for employers